Wash Day Diary - New Growth is Popping | 10 Weeks Post

Monday, November 06, 2017

I am back.... I have taken a long break, longer than expected, however starting a YouTube channel is a lot more time consuming than I realised. I love that I can just sit in front of the camera and make a video however; I don't enjoy the editing afterwards. I am starting with a wash day as I miss documenting my wash days and having a journal to look back on to see what's working and not working for my hair.

I'm still trying to determine if I prefer doing my wash day on a Saturday or Sunday. I prefer to pre-poo my hair overnight and always worry that if I pre-poo on a Friday night, the next morning I may ended up needing to go somewhere and end up stuck, whereas Sundays tend to be our family lazy days so it makes sense to do it on a Sunday as there is no rush to get it finished.  My logic for doing my hair on a Saturday morning however,  is that I if I decided to go out on a date night or anywhere else, my hair is already washed and I can wear it how I want to.


Sunday 5th November 2017

For this wash day, I pre-pooed my hair on Saturday night using extra virgin olive oil as I have run out of extra virgin coconut oil, covered my hair and went to bed.

On Sunday morning, I shampooed my hair using Crème of Nature Moisture & Shine shampoo lathering twice, and then towel dried my hair whilst mixing my deep conditioner mix. I used the ORS Nourishing conditioner which is a light protein conditioner mixed with two teaspoons of Jamaican black castor oil. I applied it to my hair in four sections and then covered with cling film and sat under the hood dryer for 30 minutes.


New growth texture shot, 10 weeks post relaxer.
I honestly forgot how much I love this conditioner, when I removed the cling film to rinse my hair, my new growth had melted and I could run my fingers through my hair. I am 10 weeks post relaxer and my new growth is out of control, thick to the point where air-drying is no longer an option and as much as I moisturised my new growth, it would tangle and make my scalp hurt. This conditioner gave my hair life and I will definitely be making this a staple conditioner for when I'm stretching my relaxer going forward.

Once I rinse out the conditioner, I t-shirt dried for 30 minutes then sectioned my hair into four. Using my favourite Crème of Nature Strength & Shine Leave-In Spray, I spritzed and detangled each section with a wide tooth comb. Once detangled, I applied Aunt Jackie's Quench leave-in and sealed with Inecto Coconut Serum, combed through my hair with a smaller tooth comb and then allowed my hair to air-dry for a further 15 minutes before going on to blow-dry each section with cold air.

When dry, I moisturised my hair in the same sections using Root2Tip Triple M Miracle Moisture Milk and sealed with my Hot Six Oil mixed with Jamaican black castor oil, I also oiled my scalp with JBCO as well. As I had no plans for the day except to go to a fireworks event in the evening, I put my hair in a low bun with a satin scrunchie and covered with a satin scarf until I had got ready.
Easy Low Manipulation Hairstyle, ready for the fireworks
Blow-drying made such a huge difference to my new-growth, it's smooth and easy to detangle, easy for me to part to oil my scalp and style and I am seriously wondering why I didn't blow-dry last week instead of air-drying and causing myself such issues.




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi, thanks for sharing your experience! Its very helpful to hair care. I am a natural hair lover and i also always use home remedies and natural hair growth products !

    ReplyDelete

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.