Relaxer Prep Day - 11 Weeks Post Relaxer

Monday, March 14, 2016



Late Post - Relaxer Prep Washday
As advised in my last wash day post, I had been suffering from inflammation of the left eye and have had to stay away from my laptop, iPad and even my phone. I wasn't sure if it was wise or not to wash my hair when I had no idea what had caused my eye to swell and bruise but when it got to Friday, I decided to go ahead as I was off work and could take my time with my hair with nowhere to go.
I began my pre-pooing with L'Oreal Elvive Full Restore conditioner and covered liberally with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and towel turban then left on for an hour or so whilst watching a movie.
I was 11 weeks post and planned to relax my hair this week if I got the all clear on my eye, so this wash day was all about giving my hair a protein treatment. To prep my hair for the boost of protein, I shampooed with ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo, lathering twice, towel dried for 5 minutes and then applied ORS Hair Mayonnaise from root to tip, sealing with my oil mix of JBCO, avocado oil, extra virgin olive oil & extra virgin coconut oil. I covered with a plastic cap and sat under the hood dryer for 35 minutes, rinsing once cool.
After towel drying for a few minutes, I then applied Crème of Nature Intensive Conditioning Treatment, left on my hair for 5 minutes whilst I tidied up the bathroom, finger detangled then rinsed.
I blotted my hair with a towel and then t-shirt dried for 25 minutes. I applied my leave-ins Crème of Nature Strength & Shine leave-in conditioner, Aunt Jackie's Quench Moisturizing leave-in conditioner and sealed with Fantasia IC Moisturizing Olive Oil Serum. I detangled my hair in small sections and then air-dried using a satin scarf to lay down my edges as my new growth is popping with full effect.
When my hair was 90% dry, I moisturised and sealed with Cantu Shea Butter Creamy Hair Lotion and my Grapeseed oil and JBCO mix.  I just put my hair up into a loose bun and left it for the day as with my eye still bad I wasn't going anywhere.
Twist & Clip Style for Work last Monday
 How do you prepare your hair for your relaxer touch up?




You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.