Wash Day Diary - 1 Week Post Relaxer

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

My hair has been feeling a bit weighed down, plus I was a naughty girl and did not moisturise and seal my hair for two days in a row so on Monday morning I decided to wash my hair to give it the moisture it so needed and craved... 

I started by pre-pooing with a mix of extra virgin olive oil and extra virgin coconut oil. Once added to the length of my hair I covered with a plastic cap and sat under the hood dryer for 30 minutes, then rinsed once cool.

I shampooed with ORS Creamy Aloe shampoo lathering twice and then deep conditioned with ORS HaiRepair Nourishing Conditioner sealed with extra virgin olive oil, covered with a plastic cap and sat under the hood dryer for an hour, allowed to cool then rinsed.

I t-shirt dried for 30 minutes then applied my leave ins; Creme of Nature Strength & Shine Leave-in, Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Leave-in and sealed with Inecto Pure Coconut Oil Serum. I detangled my hair in sections with a wide tooth comb and then air-dried using a satin scarf to lay my edges.
When my hair was 90% dry, I moisturised and sealed my hair with Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter moisturizer and my avocado and castor oil mix, I oiled my scalp with the same oil mix.

Post Trim
Once my hair was fully dry, I decided to give myself a mini trim. Sectioning my hair into four, I then one at a time, divided each quad into one inch sections and trimmed off just over a centimetre from my ends. I still have another 4-5 inches of bones straight relaxed ends to trim off but I am in no rush to do this over the winter months so will do so gradually over the next 6 -12 months. 

How was your wash day?



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I trimmed this wash day too! I usually try to do something glam with my hair for NYE, but I think that this year, I'm gonna keep it simple in a high bun. What about you?

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey KLP, I'm with you on that one... I will be wearing a simple low bun with middle parting, all planned already lol ;)

      Delete

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.