Wash Day - 8 Weeks Post Relaxer 11.02.13

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A day late with Wash Day... 

I usually wash my hair on a Sunday as its a day of rest and chilling at home with the family so I can deep condition, air dry etc without having to rush. I waited until Monday as I wanted to show my two friends how I tea rinse my hair to prevent shedding. I also got my hair trimmed on Monday as my last trim was September 2012.  

These are the steps I followed for Monday's wash day - 


* Sectioned hair into 4 and finger combed my hair to detangle.

* Pre-pooed hair  for 45 mins using my oil mix (Avocado oil, Almond oil, Grapeseed oil, EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil), Coconut Oil, ans castor oil), and covered with a plastic cap, conditioning towel wrap and hair turban.


* Rinsed out my hair, then co-washed using moisturizing conditioner HEHH (Herbal Essence Hello Hydration).

* T-Shirt dried my hair for 5 mins to soak up any excess water.

* I then applied a tea rinse using 5 Tetley tea bags, concentrating on my scalp first, then spraying all over my hair. I covered with a plastic cap and my towel wrap and left on for 45 mins.

* I rinsed my hair until the water ran clear and then deep conditioned my hair using moisturizing conditioner; Creme of Nature Argan Oil Conditioning Treatment mixed with my Oil Mix, I covered with a plastic cap, towel wrap and hair turban and left on my hair for 30 mins whilst I had my dinner.

* After rinsing my hair with cool water and gently finger combing my hair, I let my hair t-shirt dry for 5 mins before applying my leave in conditioners; Creme of Nature Argan Oil Leave In Conditioner and S-Curl.

* I then did the L.O.C. Method (Liquid - leave ins, Oil - Creme of Nature Argan Oil Treatment, Cream - Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer) on my hair and then air dried using the scarf method.

* Once dry, my hair felt nice and moist meaning I didn't need to moisturize and seal my hair so I went on to apply Castor Oil to my scalp in sections and then gave my scalp a 5 minute head massage.

* I put my hair into a bun, wrapped it with my satin scarf and was off to bed...

Air-drying Back View Left: Before Trim Right: After Trim



Air-drying Side View Left: Before Trim Right: After Trim
(The two after pics are not to my liking; it was late!!! So next wash day I will retake wearing the same lace green tee as before...)

The Morning After...

When I woke up the next day, my hair felt really dry (in this weather central heating can dry out your hair) so I moisturized my hair using Olive Oil & Mango Butter moisturizer and sealed with avocado oil. I was working from home with no reason to leave the house except for the school run in the afternoon so I decided to baggy my hair for a few hours.

I wrapped my hair, placed a shower cap on followed by my towel wrap and kept it on for 2-3 hours... When I took it off, my hair was much softer and manageable like it had been blow-dried.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.