Girly Hair Wash Day - 9 Weeks Post 16.02.13

Sunday, February 17, 2013


I haven't followed my usual wash day regime this week because after my last wash day, my hair took a few days to get back to normal. It felt quite dry the next day so I baggyed my hair for a few hours whilst working from home and it came out nice and moisturised. I decided to substitute my mid-week co-wash with baggying my hair for 1-2 hours each day to give it the extra hydration and moisture it needed (I will do a separate post on why and how I baggy my hair).

Another reason for waiting until the weekend to wash my hair was because a few of the girlies and I had organised a girly Saturday hair day so we could do a black tea rinse together.

These are the steps I followed for Saturday's wash day - 

Friday Night:

* Sectioned hair into 4 and finger combed my hair to detangle.

* Pre-pooed hair using my coconut oil and sunflower oil mix, put my hair in a loose bun, covered with a plastic cap and my satin scarf and went to bed.




Products used for this Wash Day


Saturday Morning:

*Travelled to my friends house with my bun from the night before....

* Sectioned my hair and applied a mix of Mane & Tail Conditioner and  EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) to my new growth, them twisted my each section, covered with a plastic cap and towel wrap and left on for 30 mins.

* Rinsed out my hair, then co-washed using moisturizing conditioner Tresemme Remoisture Conditioner.

* T-Shirt dried my hair for 5 mins to soak up any excess water.

* I then applied the black tea rinse using 5 Tetley tea bags, concentrating on my scalp first, then spraying all over my hair. I covered with a plastic cap, towel wrap and turban then left on for 30 mins.

* After 30 mins, instead of rinsing out the tea rinse, we decided to try adding our deep conditioner to the tea rinse. I deep conditioned my hair using moisturizing conditioner; Creme of Nature Argan Oil Conditioning Treatment mixed with my Oil Mix (avocado, grapeseed, olive, almond, castor and coconut oil), I covered with a plastic cap, towel wrap and hair turban and left on my hair for another 30 mins.

* After rinsing my hair with cold water and gently finger combing my hair, I let my hair t-shirt dry for 5 mins before applying a leave in conditioner; Mane & Tail Conditioner. ( I forgot to pack both my s-curl and my Creme of Nature Argan leave in, so annoyed).

* I then did the L.O.C. Method (Liquid - leave in conditioner, Oil - Creme of Nature Argan Oil Treatment, Cream - Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer) on my hair and then air dried for about an hour using the scarf method.

It was now early evening, I needed to get home and put some dinner on and my hair was only  about 60% - 70% dry. I had no choice but to gently put my hair up into a high ponytail and pin my hair into a cute bun.

When I got home, I kept the bun in my hair for another 30 mins before taking it down and letting it air-dry. My hair was still moist from the loc method so I put my hair in a loose bun, wrapped with my satin scarf and went to bed.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.