Wash Day Diary - 10 Weeks Post Relaxer

Tuesday, March 08, 2016



I have been poorly and off work with an awful and painful eye infection and have been unable to post anything as I couldn't look at any light without my eye feeling like it was on fire.I have since been to see a consultant and my eye is finally on the mend with medication and that said I can finally face the laptop and document my washdays.

Saturday 27th February 2016
For Saturday's washday I decided to deep condition on dry hair prior to shampooing my hair with the aim to do a quick condition afterwards and have the rest of the day to myself.

I made a mix of Aunt Jackie’s Moisturizing Deep Conditioner, Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor, Lavender JBCO and extra virgin olive oil and applied it to my hair in sections from root to tip, covered with a plastic cap and sat under the hood dryer for 30 minutes. Once cool, I shampooed with ORS Creamy Aloe shampoo for my first lather and then used Crème of Nature Moisture & Shine shampoo for my second lather to put some moisture back into my hair and so I could finger detangle my hair without a worry prior to rinsing.

I towel dried for 2 minutes and then applied Crème of Nature Intensive Conditioning Treatment to my hair in sections. I planned to literally condition for 10 minutes whilst lying on my bed watching a bit of TV but got engrossed in a programme so ended going back downstairs to sit under the dryer and watch the rest of the episode. Half an hour later, I rinsed my hair and t-shirt dried for 25 minutes.

I removed the t-shirt and let my hair air-dry for 10 minutes with no product and then spritzed my hair with Crème of Nature Strength and Shine leave in conditioner, sectioned my hair into four and applied Aunt Jackie’s Quench Moisturizing Leave-in Conditioner and sealed with Fantasia IC Olive Oil Serum. I detangled my hair in smaller sections and then tied my edges down with my satin scarf and left my hair to air-dry. The Aunt Jackie’s leave-in conditioner made my hair feel amazing with soooo much slip and moisture, I wish I had given this a try sooner.

Once 90% dry, I moisturised and sealed with Cantu Shea Butter Creamy Hair Lotion and sealed with my mix of Grapeseed oil & lavender JBCO. I usually go on to oil my scalp but as I was going out and I prefer to do it at night, I skipped that part and decided to do it later in the night before bed.


I was going to wear my hair in a low ponytail but it was freezing outside so needed to wear my favourite blue coat but it has torn my ends to shreds before so instead I put my hair in a loose low bun and was out the door.

I got home very late on Saturday night and when I took down my hair, it felt so light and fluffy and I’m so in love with how my hair has been feeling in the last week or so. I mentioned in my last wash day post that I had run out of my staple Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter moisturizer and instead was using Cantu Shea Butter Creamy Hair Lotion until I got to the hair shop, well having moisturised with it for 2-3 days I decided I didn’t need to go to the hair shop as my hair was at one with the Cantu Creamy Lotion. I will use it for a few more weeks before doing a review and confirming it as my new staple but it contains no silicone and so much more and I think deep down I already know this product is here to stay.

Anyway, I digress…  My hair was still moist but I decided to lightly moisturise and seal as my hair is known to be dry the morning after wash day. I oiled my scalp with my avocado oil and lavender JBCO; scalp massaged for 5 minutes then put my hair up in a loose bun secured with a satin scrunchie ready for bed.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. How do you handle Aunt jackie products. They are super moisturizing but the scent is way too strong for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Admittedly the smell is quite strong but pefumed products have never been a prooblem for me as long as I can't smell them in my hair as I'm walking down the street. I love their leave in thoug, so glad I finally tried it.

    ReplyDelete

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.