Favourite Hair Products for 2015

Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Happy New Year!!

It is 2016 already, time goes by so quickly! That said, I thought I would share my favourites products which I have used and loved in 2015, let’s go…



Crème of Nature Moisture & Shine Shampoo
This is my favourite staple sulfate-free moisturising shampoo. My hair always feels clean, hydrated with so much slip, I can glide my fingers through my hair before I have even applied conditioner. 

Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm 
I fell in love with this conditioner a few months ago and added it my current deep conditioner stash to use in rotation with my other staples. My hair feels like silk after using this conditioner,  is super moist so I can moisturise and seal less throughout the week and detangling is a breeze. This conditioner is a little on the pricey side but as a little goes a long way, it lasts a good while.

ORS Hair Mayonnaise - I love this hair mayonnaise and it always leaves my hair feeling so strong yet moisturised after using it. I love to use this as a pre-poo mixed with extra virgin coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil.

Crème of Nature Straight from Eden Detangling leave-in conditioner - I have just finished my first bottle of this so expect a review soon but put it this way, I'm in love, I have never known a leave-in to make my hair so soft and easy to detangle.

Extra Virgin Coconut Oil - This is my holy grail for pre-pooing my hair every single wash day. I can't express how much I love this oil and have used this in my hair journey prior to 2015, however, about six months ago I decided  I would try using this oil to moisturise my body and I have not looked back since. My skin loves coconut oil and keeping my skin soft and moist from morning to night.

Extra Virgin Olive Oil
I fell in love with extra virgin olive oil this year, I love it as a as a pre-poo addition to the extra virgin coconut oil and also to add to my deep conditioners. 

Lavender JBCO - I love this to oil my scalp as it keeps my new growth soft and manageable when stretching my relaxer but also, I took part in the castor oil challenge for 3 months from September to December and I joined at the extreme level which includes sealing your hair with castor oil. I decided to mix lavender JBCO & avocado oil to use for sealing throughout the challenge and can honestly say my ends have been in the best condition since doing so. For the winter months I will continue to seal with a my avocado & JBCO mix and then once the weather begins to warm up I will mix JBCO and grapeseed oil as grapeseed oil will be that little bit lighter.

Crème of Nature Edge Control
I have used other edge controls before but they have not had what it takes to lay my edges for longer than a few hours. I picked up the Crème of Nature edge control at the beginning of 2015 but didn't start using it until a few months later and I love how it lays my edges but I also love that it does not make my hair feel hard or leave any residue.

Root2Tip Honey Rain Hair Juice

This is another product that unexpectedly became a favourite of mine. I bought this to use as a leave in conditioner towards the beginning of 2015 but when I used it on damp hair, it did nothing for my hair so I stopped using it and stashed it with the rest of my products. It was only when I used this on dry hair to spritz my new growth that I realised this product deserved to shine in the spotlight. When using this leave in conditioner on my new growth, it leaves my hair moist, manageable and easy to detangle. I do not usually need to use this until I am at least 9 weeks post and I only need to spritz my new growth 2-3 times a week. My son also uses this product as a liquid before going on to seal with a thicker cream and he loves how soft and moist his hair is and the fact he no longer has to moisturise his hair on a daily basis.

And there you have my favourite products for 2015....

What are your favourite products you have used or discovered in 2015? 



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I totally agree with you about the Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm. OMGosh that stuff is heavenly on my curls!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.