Mini Product Haul - June 2015

Friday, June 12, 2015

Last week I booked a spontaneous day off work and instead took a road trip with my partner up north to Nottingham. He has to travel a lot with work and as our son way away for the week with school on a residential trip, we decided why not mix business with pleasure.

We drove up last Wednesday and had a lovely evening in a different city. On Thursday morning when my partner left for his meeting, I enjoyed a nice lay-in and then got ready just in time for 12pm check-out and took a nice leisurely stroll to their city centre which was ten minutes away. The weather was beautiful and I enjoyed doing a spot of shopping and then I came across a hair shop which was not even on my radar…

I had to go in just for manners and to see what they had compared to our shops in Reading… I was pleasantly surprised with the range of products they had in store and I could not resist picking up a few items…

  1. Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner - I like to have a few conditioners to choose from and fancied trying something different. I used this conditioner on my wash day at the weekend and I love how my hair feels, my hair was left feeling, moist, detangled and so easy to manage.
  2. Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming Leave-In Conditioner - I haven't tried this yet and I'm not sure whether I will keep it in my stash to use after my Giovanni Direct Weightless Moisture Leave-In has run out or if I will use it as a moisturiser for my hair.
  3. African Pride Shea Moisture Miracle Buttery Creme Hair Moisturiser (what a mouthful!!!) - I picked this up as my hair has been going through a dry phase and my hair was drinking my current staple moisturiser for fun. I have moisturised and sealed my hair with this all week and my hair has remained, moist and soft and by no means weighed down. So far I am loving this product.
  4. Motions for Natural Textures Moisturizing Cleanser - I usually co-wash with moisturising conditioners but decided to pick this up and see if this made my hair feel any different when co-washing.
  5. Motions for Natural Textures Deep Conditioning Masque - As I picked up the moisturizing cleanser, I decided to add this to my stash to use in conjunction with the cleanser.
  6. Vita CoCo Extra Virgin Coconut Oil - I am absolutely obsessed with Coconut Oil, I use it to moisturise my skin everyday, I prepoo my hair with it almost every week, I add it to my deep conditioners and scalp oil mixes, use it as a shaving gel alternative to shave my legs and we cook with it. Need I say more!
  7. Hair, Skin & Nails Vitamins (Holland and Barrett)  -I haven't taken these tablets in about 6 months and so as Holland & Barrett has a buy one get one half price offer, I picked up a bottle for me and one for my Mum.
  8. Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor - I love to use this as my light protein conditioner and ran out about 2 weeks ago so this is a replacement buy.
  9. Aunt Jackie's In Control Moisturising and Softening Conditioner - I bought this product back in November last year but ended up donating it to a Hair Hamper present instead. This conditioner is not sold locally and is not a product I was desperate to try enough to order it online, however as I found it on the shelf when browsing I decided to get it since I didn't get to try it last year.

What have you purchased recently?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.