Wash Day Diary - 10 Weeks Post

Friday, October 31, 2014

Sunday 26th October

I am 10 weeks post and I am actually in shock at how well my hair is behaving. Usually at this time in my stretch, I'm ready to reach for the relaxer tub but this time around my hair is working with me and I love it.

I'm not sure if I will go ahead and relax my hair at the end of this week whilst I have time off work and in any case I haven't done my usual hard protein treatment which I try to do every 6 weeks so today was the day.

These are the steps I followed for Sundays wash day:


Prepooed by applying my Coconut oil and Grapeseed oil mix to my dry hair in sections, covered with a plastic cap and sat under the hood dryer for 30 minutes.


Clarified my hair using ORS Olive Oil Creamy Aloe Shampoo.

I towel dried for 5 minutes before applying Aphogee Two-step Protein Treatment to the length of my hair in four sections. I twisted each section and secured with a bobby pin, ensuring to bring the ends from the back sections to the top of my head. Without covering with a plastic cap, I sat under the hood dryer for 25 minutes and my hair was rock hard. Without manipulating my hair or removing the bobby pins, I rinsed my hair allowing the water to soften my hair and then removed the bobby pins and rinsed my hair thoroughly. I towel dried for 5 minutes and then applied the Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer Conditioner to my hair liberally, covered with a plastic cap and sat under the hood dryer for 30 minutes.

I finger detangled my hair before rinsing and then t-shirt dried for 40 minutes.

I removed the t-shirt and applied my leave ins; Root2Tip Triple M Milk and Creme of Nature Argan Oil. I detangled with a wide teeth comb and then air-dried using the scarf method.

When my hair was about 90% dry I moisturised and sealed with Root2Tip Triple M Milk and Root2Tip Quench Anti-Breakage Crème and then oiled my scalp with my oil mix; JBCO, EVOO & Avocado Oil.


This was my first time using the Two Step Aphogee Protein Treatment and I was so nervous trying this as I didn't know what to expect. The only hard protein treatment I have used before is my homemade masque consisting of; egg, honey, coconut oil and olive oil and it made makes my hair go rock solid and can not only be a nightmare to rinse out, but it can also take days for my hair

to feel soft and normal again. With the Aphogee Treatment, just rinsing it out I could tell the difference as my hair felt soft again and I was pleasantly surprised when applying the Balancing Moisturizer Conditioner at how thick the consistency was and the slip it gave my hair.

It is definitely a case of goodbye homemade protein masque and hello Aphogee...


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I am a firm believer in Aphogee and I'm glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tomes, I definitely wish I had tried this sooner!

      Delete

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.