Wash Day Diary - 7 Weeks Post Relaxer

Friday, February 12, 2016

Saturday 6th February 

I knew last weekend was going to be a hectic one so I already planned from last week to wash my hair first thing on Saturday morning. On Friday night, I pre-pooed my hair with extra virgin coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil, covered with a plastic cap and satin bonnet and went to bed.

On Saturday morning, I before breakfast, I applied L’Oreal Elvive Total Repair 5 Conditioner to the length of my hair and covered with a plastic cap whilst I made and ate breakfast and then shampooed my hair using Crème of Nature Moisture & Shine shampoo.

I t-shirt dried my hair for a few minutes, and then applied my deep conditioner mix of Crème of Nature Intensive Conditioning Treatment and oil mix; extra virgin olive oil, extra virgin coconut oil and lavender Jamaican black castor oil, covered with a plastic cap and sat under the hood dryer for an hour as I was catching up on ‘Being Mary Jane’ and forgot I didn’t have the whole day to take my time.

Once the conditioner was rinsed from my hair, I t-shirt dried for 30 minutes and applied my leave ins; Crème of Nature Strength & Shine leave in conditioner and sealed with Inecto pure coconut oil serum, detangled my hair in sections and then air-dried using the satin scarf method.

I knew I would be flat ironing my hair later in the evening so I did nothing else to my hair but put it in a bun and left it alone.

Saturday night, we were going out in London for my cousin’s birthday and I first planned to rock a braid out to the club but by time we got to London and checked into our hotel and had some food, there was not much time to play with so I applied a few small drops of Organix Coconut Milk Serum to my hair and then flat ironed my hair in sections. This is actually the first time I have flat ironed my hair in at least 2 or 3 years. 

It was nice to look different and to make the effort for my cousin’s birthday but I love big hair and I’ll be honest if I got home from London earlier enough on Sunday evening, I would of done a quick co-wash and air-dried to get my big hair back. Sadly when I got home, I was so tired I could just about stay awake to eat dinner so I wrapped my hair and went to bed.
On Monday evening when I got in from work, I applied VO5 Give Me Moisture Conditioner to the length of my hair, covered with a plastic cap and left on my hair whilst I made dinner and did a home workout then rinsed. I t-shirt dried, applied my leave-ins and I was happy to have my big hair back :)

You Might Also Like


The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.