Wash Day Diary - 6 Weeks Post Relaxer

Thursday, February 04, 2016


I have been so late with my posts recently; there is just not enough hours in the day. In the last few weeks I have been building my jewellery business back up and in doing so I have been struggling to find time to blog as I also need to spend and enjoy quality time with the family. I have been documenting what I have been doing with my hair and have decided to have set days for blogging which will be Sundays and Wednesdays. Sunday posts will mainly be washday posts and Wednesdays will be more varied with regards to product reviews, hair updates, and coming soon will be hair tutorials and much more. 

That said here is what I did for my wash day on Saturday 30th January:
I pre-pooed with Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor sealed with extra virgin olive oil, covered with a plastic cap and left on my hair for a few hours then went on to shampoo, first lather with ORS Creamy Aloe shampoo and then Crème of Nature Moisture & Shine shampoo for the second lather.

I towel dried my hair and then applied my deep conditioner mix of Crème of Nature Intensive Conditioning Treatment mixed with my castor oil mix, covered with a plastic cap and then applied a flannel soaked in hot water over the plastic cap and applied another cap over the flannel to try to steam my hair. I then sat under the hood dryer for 40 minutes and then rinsed once cool.

I t-shirt dried my hair for 30 minutes and then applied my leave ins; Creme of Nature Straight from Eden Detangling leave-in, Keracare Leave-in and sealed with Inecto Pure Coconut Oil Serum. I detangled my hair in 6 sections and then air-dried using the satin scarf method which laid down my edges. When my hair was 90% dry I put my hair up into a loose bun, covered with a satin scarf and went to bed. Sunday morning I intended to wake up and moisturise and seal but I had breakfast then started making jewellery and updating my etsy store so I just put my hair in a loose high bun and then left my hair alone for the rest of the day.

After such a horrible disaster wash day last week I am so glad this wash day went smoothly. I have made an executive decision not to purchase or try any other shampoos or conditioner for the duration of the year as I know what works for my hair and I don't want to complicate things making my wash days more hard work than need be. I am all about keeping things simple...

How was your wash day this week?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.