Wash day Diary - 7 Weeks post Relaxer

Monday, November 30, 2015

Saturday 21st November

Last weekend, the weather went from mild to serious overnight so it was all about staying home in the warmth and having a lazy weekend. I decided at the last minute to wash my hair on Saturday evening, here is how it went:

 Pre-pooed with Organix Shea Butter & Argan Oil conditioner sealed with extra virgin coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil, covered with a plastic cap and my towel turban and left on for two hours then shampooed with Crème of Nature Moisture & Shine shampoo.

Deep conditioned with ORS HaiRepair Nourishing conditioner mixed with my castor oil mix, covered with a plastic cap and sat under the hood dryer for 40 minutes rinsing once cool.

T-shirt dried for 45 minutes then applied leave-ins; Crème of Nature Straight from Eden detangling leave-in, Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter leave-in and sealed with Crème of Nature Argan Oil and added a few drops of Fantasia IC Olive Oil Serum and then detangled my hair in sections. Once detangled, I air-dried using a satin scarf to lay my edges.

As I said, I decided to wash my hair at the last minute so by the time I was ready to air-dry it was after 1am and my eyes were getting heavy. I fell asleep and woke up a few hours later with no intention of moisturising and sealing my hair, I put my hair in a loose bun and covered with a satin scarf before jumping into bed.

On Sunday morning when I woke up, I spritzed my hair with water then in sections, spritzed my hair with Root2Tip Honey Rain Juice, moisturised with Root2Tip Triple M Miracle Moisture Milk and sealed with my avocado oil and lavender JBCO mix. I oiled my scalp with my castor oil mix and put my hair in a loose bun to ends off my shoulders and prevent them from drying out due to the central heating being on.

Sunday night I went to moisturise and seal my hair again but it seemed moist enough, it also felt really weighed down as though it was already 3-4 days past wash day. For bed I put my hair in a very loose bun secured with a satin scarf and hoped that some of the moisture would dry out by the morning. On Monday morning I went to do my hair and it still felt very weighed down and yuck and I think it’s because I added too much of the Honey Rain Juice to my hair as I usually just spray this on my new growth and then work it down through the length of my hair.

On Monday evening when I got home from work, I knew I had no choice but to wash my hair. Before putting dinner on, I applied V05 Give Me Moisture conditioner to my hair covering with a plastic cap and towel turban and left on for an hour. With dinner cooked, I then co-washed with the same V05 conditioner and t-shirt dried before applying my leave-ins and air-drying as I did above.


You Might Also Like

1 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.