Pre-Relaxer Wash Day - 10 Weeks Post

Sunday, October 04, 2015

Wednesday 30th September

As I mentioned in my last wash day post, I had my relaxer touch-up planned for this weekend at 11 weeks post. It was only on Tuesday afternoon whilst at work that I realised I needed to prep my hair before relaxer day and this is how it went:

Pre-pooed with ORS Hair Mayonnaise sealed with virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and sat under hood dryer for 30 minutes. I clarified my hair last Friday so shampooed with Crème of Nature Moisture & Shine Shampoo.

Deep conditioned with Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm mixed with my castor oil mix, covered with a plastic cap and sat under hood dryer for 20 minutes then rinsed once cool.

T-shirt dried for 45 minutes then applied my leave-ins; Crème of Nature Straight from Eden detangling leave-in, Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Leave-in and Crème of Nature Argan Oil.

Detangled my hair with a wide tooth comb then continued to air-dry. When my hair was 90% dry, I moisturised and sealed Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer and my avocado and castor oil mix then oiled my scalp with my castor oil mix. With bedtime around the corner, I put my hair in a loose bun and covered with a satin scarf.

For the rest of the week, I kept my hair in my favourite loose chignon style which I secure with a mini crocodile clip.
 How do you prep your hair before relaxer day?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.