Wash Day Diary - 10 Weeks Post Relaxer

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Friday 25th September

Here is what happened on wash day…

Pre-pooed with L'Oreal Elvive Full Restore conditioner sealed with Virgin Coconut oil and covered with a plastic cap and my towel turban and left on for 40 minutes before clarifying my hair with ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo.

Deep conditioned with Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm mixed with 2 teaspoons of my castor oil mix, covered with a plastic cap and sat under the hood dryer for 20 minutes and finger detangled before rinsing…

T-shirt dried for 30 minutes and then I fell in love……

My hair was so soft and moist with so much slip I was in shock. For the first time ever, I could detangle my hair by fingers or comb with no product in my hair and detangling was a breeze so I decided I could afford to let my hair air-dry for a while without product. Once my hair was 60% dry, I applied my leave-ins; Crème of Nature Straight from Eden Detangling leave-in conditioner, Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Leave-in conditioner and Crème of Nature Argan oil then continued to air-dry.

Once 95% dry I moisturised my hair in four sections with Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer and sealed with my Avocado & Castor Oil Mix. I oiled my scalp with my castor oil mix and then gave myself a 5 minute scalp massage.


I did not get time to take pictures over the weekend however, I did get a quick snap of my hair after air-drying with a satin scarf to lay my new growth and a few pics of my hair for work yesterday and today. Four days later, my new growth and the length of my hair is so soft and manageable and I am 10 weeks post. At this stage of my stretch I am usually counting down the days until my next relaxer but this time around, things are looking very good and my hair is so easy to manage. 

Whilst I am tempted to stretch my relaxer a little longer, I plan to relax my hair this weekend (Saturday 3rd October) at 11 weeks post. I like to have my hair looking on point over the festive period so I can schedule my next relaxer touch-up a few days before Christmas at 12 weeks post which will also coincide with the end of the Hairlista castor oil challenge which started last week and ends December 15th. 

How long will you be stretching your relaxer for?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.