Castor Oil Challenge Part 9!

Sunday, February 08, 2015

I have decided to join the Hairlista Castor Oil Challenge which is for 3 months.

Start Date – Sunday 25th January 2015
End Date – Saturday 25th April 2015.

There are four different levels on this challenge; beginners, intermediate, advanced and extreme.

Basic:
Apply Castor oil to your scalp twice a week followed by a scalp massage (2-5mins focusing on damaged areas).

Intermediate:
1) Apply Castor oil to scalp twice a week followed by a scalp massage (2-5mins focusing on damaged areas).
2) Add 1 tsp to your weekly deep conditioner.

Advance:
1) Apply Castor oil to scalp three times a week followed by scalp massage (2-5mins focusing on damaged areas).
2) Add 1-2 tsps to weekly deep conditioner.

Extreme:
1) Apply Castor oil to scalp every other day followed by scalp massage (2-5mins focusing on damaged areas).
2) Add 1-2 tsps to weekly deep conditioner.
3) Seal ends with Castor oil (optional).

I have decided to join at the extreme level, which is to oil my scalp with castor oil every other night and also add castor oil to my weekly deep conditioner.

For those who follow my blog, I was already using a scalp oil mix which consisted of JBCO, Avocado oil and EVOO, which luckily ran out the day before  Sunday 25th January so I decided to switch it up.

When I joined the last castor oil challenge, I used pure JBCO and for the first few weeks I had no problems until one day my scalp started to itch uncontrollably and my scalp felt like it was on fire. After researching online, I found that this was the case for a quite a few other ladies and they advised to dilute it with another oil. I diluted my JBCO with 30% avocado oil which managed to do the trick.



For this castor oil challenge I am using a mix of 80% Lavender JBCO and  20% pure castor oil which I will continue over the next 3 months with the goal of achieving  fuller, thicker and longer hair.



This is my unofficial length check for the beginning of the challenge. This is air-dried hair with a fair amount of shrinkage due to more texlaxed roots. My hair is currently just over 1.5 inches past armpit length.

Have you joined the castor oil challenge? If so which level have you decided to go for?



You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. De.... you hair looks great and I love it. Castor oil really really breaks my hair mixed or not. What should I do as I would like to be a part of yhis hair challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie. I know that feeling where you feel like your scalp is on fire having used castor oil but I was determined to persevere. I think it'll be a case of trial and error of mixing castor oil with different oils to see how they react with your scalp. Try a mix of castor oil, extra virgin olive oil and Avocado oil and see how you get on. My fingers are crossed for you x

      Delete

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.