Hair Update - June - August 2014

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Hey…

I have been away for quite a while… Tut tut… I blame my time management… I have been at my new job for about 4 months now and I still haven’t sorted myself out time wise (must do better).

Hair Update…

So I continued to do the coconut oil challenge which actually ended today and my hair has absolutely loved it.. A Coconut Oil Challenge Results post will follow shortly.

My wash days have been pretty much the same although for the first time ever, I have found myself co-washing more than I have shampooed, it’s quicker and my hair thrives with co-washes.

I have purchased a few hair products over the last month or two but I will do a separate product haul post.

Before the trim
I went to the salon for a trim on Friday 27th June and lost a good 2.5 inches but I knew it was necessary as my nape has been struggling and the ends were a hot mess… I wasn't happy to lose so much hair in one go but I knew it had to be done so just got on with it. One thing I have noticed though is that my hairdresser seems to like cutting her clients hair to one length, another lady was in there and before I left she asked for a trim and the hairdresser took off so much which was totally unnecessary and this made me re-assess my trim. I have decided that I need to find another salon who appreciates that I am on a hair journey and am not looking to have the same length hair all my life. I went to a salon before called Belle Hair which is based in Reading where I live and although it is out of my way, I went there once and knew I needed a trim and was surprised to find the hairdresser was not scissor happy and just took off what was necessary so I only have myself to blame for not going back. Decision made, that is where I will be going in October for my next trim and every trim thereafter. Considering how much hair was taken off, my hair has grown back nicely and I’m half an inch away from the length I was at before my last trim which was just past arm pit length.
After Trim 

It was my birthday on 7th August and I had an amazing day which ended with a lovely meal with my family.



I self-relaxed my hair last Saturday 16th August. I sectioned my hair in 8 sections and applied conditioner to the length of each section avoiding the new growth; I then coated each section with my castor oil and avocado oil mix. I then followed my relaxer touch up regime. My hair was left with slightly more texture than I was hoping for but I can work with it and have made a note to leave the relaxer for a minute or two longer for my next touch up  to achieve my desired texture.

I did a home made hard protein treatment the week before my relaxer to strengthen my hair, I mixed one egg with a table spoon of coconut oil and a table spoon of honey and whisked together before applying to my hair and covering with a plastic cap for 40 mins and then rinsing then proceeding with my wash day routine ensuring to deep condition for an hour with heat. The results were fantastic and I will be adding this hair masque to my hair once a month.

De'Onne 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.