Wash Day Diary - Relaxer Prep | 11 Weeks Post Relaxer

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Sunday 12th November 2017

It is time for a relaxer touch-up next week so this weekend, it was all about preparing my hair for a relaxer which means protein. For this wash day, I pre-pooed my hair on Friday night using extra virgin olive oil, covered my hair and went to bed.

On Saturday morning, I rinsed my hair then shampooed my hair using ORS Creamy Aloe shampoo lathering twice, and then towel dried my hair whilst mixing my deep conditioner mix. I used the ORS Hair Mayonnaise conditioner which is a medium protein conditioner mixed with two teaspoons of Jamaican black castor oil. I applied it to my hair in four sections and then covered with cling film and sat under the hood dryer for 40 minutes. I really couldn't be bothered to get up straight away so left this in my hair for an additional 30 minutes without heat whilst I finished watching a programme then rinsed and t-shirt dried.

I had plans to go out in the evening and when I got a text that my friend could no longer make it, I got into instant lazy mode.

I wasn't in the mood to deal with my hair so instead, I rinsed the Hair Mayo out of my hair and then t-shirt dried for 15 minutes. I removed my t-shirt and then applied Herbal Essences Herbal Hydration to the length of my hair and put my hair in a loose bun and carried on with my lazy day, when it came to bedtime; I covered with a satin scarf and went to bed.

In the morning, once I rinse out the conditioner, I t-shirt dried for 30 minutes whilst doing some chores. I removed the t-shirt and sectioned my hair into four. Using my favourite Crème of Nature Strength & Shine Leave-In Spray, I spritzed and detangled each section with a wide tooth comb. Once detangled, I applied Root2Tip Triple M Miracle Moisture Milk and sealed with Inecto Coconut Serum, detangled with a smaller tooth comb and then allowed my hair to air-dry for a further 10 minutes before going on to blow-dry each section with cold air.


Once dry, I moisturised my hair in the same sections using Root2Tip Triple M Miracle Moisture Milk and sealed with my Hot Six Oil mixed with Jamaican black castor oil, I also oiled my scalp with JBCO as well. I put my hair in a loose bun and then tied down with a satin scarf until I was ready to style it for the day.





You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.