Straight Hair Don't Care!

Thursday, June 08, 2017



My partner and I had a birthday meal in London to attend a couple of weeks back and as much as I am happy to keep my hair in low manipulation/protective styles for the most part, when it comes to getting dressed up and going out, I prefer to change it up a bit to look different.

I decided to flat iron my hair and where it down and here is what I did...

I washed my hair using ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo to clarify my hair and ensure I got rid of any build up. I went on to deep condition for 20 minutes with ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner. Regretfully, I didn't have time to sit under the hood dryer as I kind of waited to the last minute to wash my hair.

I t-shirt dried for about 25 minutes whilst I had a bath and then applied my leave-ins; Crème of Nature Strength & Shine Spray and sealed with Silk Oil of Morocco Hair & Skin Treatment. I detangled my hair in sections, then blow-dried my hair using cool air and lightly spritzed my hair with Tresemme Heat Protectant Spray.

I kept my hair in the four sections, starting with the back; I sectioned my hair into small 1 inch sections and began to flat-iron my hair.

I was really pleased with how my hair came out, I didn't style it in fancy way, I wore my signature style which was down and straight with a middle parting. 


I'm annoyed that I didn't take any specific hair pictures on the day before and whilst we were out but when I got in, I took a cheeky snap.
 
It has been so long since I had straight hair, I forgot the maintenance that comes with it. To keep my hair straight and sleek, before bed I would cross wrap my hair and cover with a satin scarf. In the mornings, I'd remove the scarf, give my hair a bit of a shake and run some serum through my hair and was good to go. The difficult part was avoiding rain and humidity, falling asleep on the sofa without tying up my hair and trying not to sweat out my hair when doing home workouts. The struggle was real but I really enjoyed my hair straight and rather than using no heat at all, will use heat as and when if I have somewhere to go.

I managed to keep my hair straight for a whole week before washing my hair last Sunday and when doing so I made sure inject as much moisture as possible back into my hair.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.