Relaxer Touch Up - 11 Weeks Post

Thursday, January 05, 2017

I relaxed my hair at 11 weeks post not so much ready for Christmas but I planned to go out for my cousin's birthday on 27th December and didn't want to have to deal with my new growth puffing up half way through the night in the club so I ended up relaxing my hair on Christmas Eve. 


I started preparing my hair by sectioning into four and applying olive oil to the length of my hair excluding my new growth. Separated each quadrant into 1 inch sections and twisted hair from new growth downwards. 

With my hair ready I went on to set my timer for 18 minutes and then started applying the relaxer to my new growth starting with the two back sections. The timer went off whilst I was still smoothing so I continued for another 2 minutes then rinsed until all relaxer was out of my hair.

I towel blotted my hair for a minute or two and then applied L'Oreal Full Restore conditioner to my hair as a mid-protein step and let sit in my hair for a few minutes and then rinsed.

Using the ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo, I neutralized my hair lathering 4-5 times to ensure all relaxer was out of my hair then blotted dry with a towel for a few minutes whilst I mixed up my the ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. I applied the conditioner mix liberally to my hair, covered with a plastic cap and sat under the hood dryer for 30 minutes then rinsed one cool. 

I t-shirt dried for 25 minutes and then applied my leave-in; Creme of Nature Straight from Eden detangling leave-in and sealed with Silk Oil of Morocco Treatment Serum for Hair & Skin then detangled my hair with a wide tooth comb and blow-dried my hair using cold air.

I moisturised and sealed with Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer and extra virgin olive oil and then oiled my scalp with extra virgin olive oil mixed with Jamaican black castor oil. For bed I put my hair up in a loose bun and covered with a satin scarf.

For Christmas day I wore my hair down in its blow-dried state as I didn't want to flat iron my hair until 27th when I was actually going out. 

I am pleased with my results, I am left with texture so my hair isn't bone straight and it is soft and manageable, and its nice to be able to run my fingers through my hair.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.