Wash Day Diary - 3 Weeks Post Relaxer

Monday, October 26, 2015

Saturday 24th October 

My wash days used to be days that I would dread, but now that I am no longer constantly trying new products and instead stick with what I know works for my hair, my wash days have become predictably easier and days I actually look forward to. 

Here are the steps followed for Saturday's washday:


Pre-pooed my hair with my extra virgin olive oil and virgin coconut oil mix, covered with a plastic cap and towel turban and left on for two hours. Shampooed using ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo for the first lather and then went on to do a final wash with Crème of Nature Moisture & Shine Sulfate free Shampoo.


Towel dried for 5 minutes then applied Aphogee 2-Minute Reconstructor to my hair, covered with a plastic cap and left on for 15 minutes whilst cleaning the bathroom then rinsed. Towel dried for a few minutes and then deep conditioned with Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm mixed with my Castor oil mix of Lavender JBCO & pure castor oil, covered with a plastic cap and sat under hood dryer for 20 minutes, rinsing once cool.

T-shirt dried for 45 minutes before  applying my leave-ins; Crème of Nature Straight from Eden Detangling Leave-in, Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Leave-in and Crème of Nature Argan Oil. I detangled my hair in sections, added a few drops of Fantasia IC Olive Oil Serum then air dried with a satin scarf laying down my edges.

I fell asleep whilst watching TV and I when I woke up my hair was 90% dry so I went on to moisturize and seal using Root2Tip Triple M Miracle Moisture Milk and my Avocado & Castor oil mix (avocado oil, lavender JBCO and pure castor oil). I also oiled my scalp with my castor oil scalp mix; pure castor oil and lavender JBCO and massaged my scalp for 5 minutes before putting my hair in a loose bun secured with a satin scrunchie and covering with a satin scarf for bed.
Recently I have discovered that I have suffered another setback. I thought I was being paranoid over the last few months but I think it is safe to say that my ends have been over processed by relaxer runoff. My relaxer touch-up back in July, I remember using my last bit of Vaseline to protect the length of my hair, I was annoyed at the time that I had not stocked up beforehand but carried on anyway thinking I had used just enough to keep my ends protected. It seems I was wrong as the ends of my hair are not as thick and textured and I think it is definitely noticeable, especially with the thickness of my buns. 

That said, as well as babying my edges and nape, I will also be babying my ends to keep them healthy and will be dusting on regular basis. I would say I now have abut 3-4 inches of bone straight ends and I will need to slowly remove these ends over the next 6-9 months. I have already started to keep my hair in protective styles 100% of the time now the colder weather has set in and I am taking part in the castor oil challenge at the extreme level which involves sealing my ends with castor oil, I mix Lavender JBCO with avocado oil and love how moist my ends always feel. I will see how my ends look and feel at the end of the challenge on 19th December 2015.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.