Wash Day Diary - 7 Weeks Post Relaxer

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Saturday 20th June
Saturday was my lazy day so decided to make it my washday as Sunday was Father’s day and I did not want to spend the day doing hair or having to rush. As mentioned in my recent product haul post, I purchased the Motions Natural Textures Moisturizing Cleanser and Deep Conditioning Masque so decided to give them a try…

This week I had planned to do a clarifying shampoo and a protein treatment but I really wasn’t in the mood to spend ages doing hair as we were having a movie day and I don’t think the boys would have appreciated me constantly having to turn the movie up so I could hear under the dryer so I decided to do a quick wash instead…

This is the first time I have not pre-pooed in like forever but as I was co-washing I did not want to add even more product to my hair making it difficult to get it clean.

I co-washed with Motions Natural Textures  Moisturizing Cleanser, lathering twice and then went on to deep condition using the Motions Natural Textures Deep Conditioning Masque which I sealed with Lavender JBCO, covered with a plastic cap and sat under the hood dryer for 30 minutes.

Rinsed once cool and t-shirt dried for 35 minutes. Spritzed with Mane & Tail Detangler and let sink in before gently finger detangling my hair.

Applied leave ins; Root2Tip Honey Rain Juice, Giovanni Direct Moisture Weightless Leave in, and sealed with Crème of Nature Argan Oil then air-dried using the scarf method.

When my hair was 90% dry, I moisturised and sealed with Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming Leave in and Grapeseed oil and then oiled my scalp with my oil mix of Lavender JBCO, Avocado oil and coconut oil.

As much as I have tried to love the Beautiful Textures Leave-in Conditioner as a moisturizer, within two days enough was enough, I found my hair to feel quite dry by the next morning and having to moisturise and seal morning and night is not something I am used to having to do. 

By Monday evening, I reverted back to using the African Pride Moisture Intense Buttery Creme and sealed with grapeseed oil.

Tuesday's Hairstyle
How was your wash day?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.