Wash Day Diary - 10 Weeks Post

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Saturday 25th April

I have been MIA for quite a while but I am back and hope to be consistent going forward. I am 10 weeks post today, here are the steps I followed for yesterday's wash day:


Pre-pooed with L'Oreal Elvive Full Restore 5 Conditioner and sealed with Virgin Coconut Oil, covered with a plastic cap and jumped in a nice hot bath and let my hair steam for 25 minutes.




Shampooed with Creme of Nature Argan Oil Shampoo.

Applied deep conditioner mix of Creme of Nature Argan Oil Deep Conditioning Treatment and a teaspoon of Lavender JBCO, covered with a plastic cap and sat under the hood dryer for 20 minutes then rinsed once cool. 

T-shirt dried for 20 minutes then finger detangled using Mane & Tail Detangler.  Applied leave ins; Root2Tip Honey Rain Juice, Giovanni Direct Leave In Conditioner and Crème of Nature Argan Oil to each section then detangled with a wide teeth comb. Applied a small dab of a mix of Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum and Fantasia IC Olive Oil Serum and lightly spritzed with Fantasia IC Heat Protectant Spray. Covering my edges with a thin satin scarf to lay my edges and leaving the rest of my hair to hang down my back, I sat under the hood dryer for 20 minutes and ran my fingers through my hair until dry.

I did the LOC method on my hair to moisturise and seal in sections, spritzing my new growth and length of my hair with Root2Tip Honey Rain Juice, moisturised with Triple M Moisture milk and sealed with my Avocado oil.

I usually go for straight styles but fancied a change so decided to do a simple braid out style. I made a zig zag parting through my hair to give myself two bunches. I then braided each section, curled the ends with a small perm rod, covered with a satin scarf and went to bed. This morning, once dressed, I added a tiny bit of coconut oil to my fingertips and gently unraveled my braids. I went for simple style with my hair off my face by creating two loose flat twists to the front of my hair leaving the back to flow.  I am not overly impressed with my results but practice will make perfect. I will try a twist out next...





You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.