Wash Day Diary - 14 Weeks Post Relaxer

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

So I am 14 weeks post relaxer and in shock that I have managed to stretch my relaxer this far, it is definitely a first. I plan to relax my hair this weekend at 15 weeks post relaxer as the Christmas season is soon upon us and I literally have an event to attend every weekend from this Friday.

These are the steps I followed for this weeks wash day:

Before bed on Saturday, I prepooed with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and left in overnight. On Sunday morning I clarified my hair ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo.


I went on to apply my deep conditioner mix; Creme of Nature Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment, Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer Conditioner, ORS Nourishing Conditioner, Avocado Oil, Grapeseed Oil & JBCO. I covered with a plastic cap and sat under the hood dryer for 50 minutes, allowed my hair to cool then rinsed and finger detangled. My hair felt like silk, this DC mix is the bomb!

I towel dried for 2 minutes, finger detangled my hair and then t-shirt dried for 15 minutes before applying my leave ins; Creme of Nature Argan Oil Strength & Shine Leave-In, Keracare Leave In and Creme of Nature Argan Oil. I detangled with a wide teeth comb and decided to do a ponytail rollerset. I sectioned my hair into five sections; one in the front and two on each side and secured each section with a snag free hairband. I applied Fantasia IC Olive Oil Moisturizing Serum to each section and then added two magnetic jumbo rollers to each ponytail. With all rollers in, I lightly spritzed my hair with Fantasia IC Heat Protector spray. I then sat under the hood dryer for 40 minutes and Voila hair was dry.

Once cool, I removed the curlers and gently removed the hairbands and applied a drop of serum to the length of my hair before wrapping my hair using just my fingers. Once wrapped I covered with cling film (saran wrap) and went back under the hood dryer for 15 minutes.

Before bed I moisturised and sealed my hair with my favourites; Root2Tip Triple M Milk and Grapeseed Oil and then oiled my scalp with my oil mix.

Monday's Hairstyle

How was your wash day?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Your hair has a nice shine! Looking forward to your relaxer results

    ReplyDelete

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.