Wash Day Diary: Wet Wrap Set - 09.09.13

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I have fallen in love with Wet Wrap Sets all over again...


I decided to co-wash my hair today as I've been went to two exercise classes today and my hair was a little sweated out.

These are the steps I followed for today's wash day:

I prepooed my hair using Elasta QP DPR-11 Penetrating Conditioner and sealed with an oil mix of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Coconut Oil and Grapeseed oil, covered with a plastic cap, turban cap and towel turban and left on my hair for 1 hour.

I rinsed out the prepoo and washed my hair with Tresemme Remoisturing Conditioner, leaving on my hair for 5 minutes and finger combing it through my hair before the final rinse using cold water.

I blotted my hair with a towel for literally a few seconds before applying my leave ins;  S-Curl and Creme of Nature Argan Oil Leave in before detangling my hair.

I sectioned my hair into four and sprayed my Fantasia IC Heat Protector & Straightening Serum to each section before combing through my hair again then wrapping my hair. I covered my wrap with a mesh scarf and sat under the dryer for 50 minutes.

I really need to hurry up and purchase a new hood dryer as my temporary buy will frustrate me before long. I think my head is so small, I couldn't draw the string very tight enough to feel snug and secure and I was right. As soon as I turned on the hair dryer the hood blew off my head. I ended up tucking my towel over each ear to keep the hood attached to my head which did the trick.

After taking off my mesh wrap, I used my soft bristle brush to smooth around the wrap to encourage the hair to fall, before combing out the wrap with my wide teeth shower comb.

I had intentions to go on and Saran Wrap my hair using cling film and then going back under the dryer for 20 mins to give my hair a sleeker look, however I was pleasantly surprised by the results of my first wet wrap and am sold on this method of drying.

 
My hair feels and looks so soft and bouncy and I am loving it... As I was sat under the dryer I remembered that I forgot to add my Creme of Nature Wrap Foam Lotion and was a bit annoyed with myself but it turns out I had no reason to worry.

As I washed my hair in the evening, I then went on to section my hair into four before oiling my scalp with my Castor oil, then moisturised my hair with ORS Intense Moisture Crème and sealing with Avocado Oil before wrapping my hair and securing with my satin scarf.

My method of Wet Wrap Setting came from watching YouTube videos on my bed this morning. I came across a video by SueSue1919 on YouTube and after her seeing her wet wrap results, I knew I had to try it.

Thinking back, a few years back, when I used to get my hair done at a Salon in London every fortnight, the only way my ever got dried was via a wet wrap after a hot oil treatment. The Salon was taken over by new management and the girl who did my hair left so I went back to doing my own hair and stupidly didn't think to follow through and continue the hair process myself.










You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.