Relaxer Update - 29.08.13

Friday, September 06, 2013


Late post

Thursday 29th August 2013


As I mentioned in my previous relaxer update post, I relaxed my hair six weeks ago and managed to texlax instead.

By time I got to 6 weeks post, I looked like I was 12 weeks post and just couldn't take it another day. Last Thursday I was at my desk at work and all that was on my mind what my unruly hair and so I sent a quick text to my hair dresser to plead that she fit me in later that evening for a relaxer and trim and luckily she was free.

That evening after showing her my hair and talking through what process I followed for my last relaxed, we opted to relax just my new growth as normal and then applying relaxer to the under-processed hair 5 minutes before my hair was due to be rinsed out.

The minute the relaxer was rinsed out of my hair and the shampoo was being applied, I could feel the difference, I could feel my scalp being massaged and knew I had made the right decision. 

6 Day Post Relaxer - Donut Bun
I'm not sure what was going on with my ends in the last two months but they were in need of a little trim. Well, it started off as a trim but then I decided to have a little more taken off as I'm loving the shorter look at the moment. 

I intend on having either box braids or twists installed in my hair for a month or two once it starts getting cold so that will be the time when I start to focus on growing out my hair again but for now, whilst the weather is nice, I'm enjoying my hair. I won't lie, there are times when I'm late in the morning and I find myself missing my longer lengths so I could wrap up a quick bun but I still have long enough length to bun when I want to and I'm glad I got the ends cut off when I did so my hair was healthy and thick for the summer.





You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.