Relaxer Update - 25.07.13

Friday, September 06, 2013


Late post

Thursday 25th July 2013


I've been M.I.A. for the last few weeks due to my son breaking up for the summer holidays, work etc but now I'm back. 

Back in July, I got to about 10-11 weeks post and was in despair. Here in the UK we were having a heat wave and I wanted cute hair to go with my cute summer outfits and my hair was not playing ball.


I got to Thursday 25th July and I could take no more, I had an ORS HaiRepair Relaxer in normal strength from when i went to the Afro Hair & Beauty Show in May this year and they were selling for £3.00. In hindsight, I should of bought a few boxes but silly me I just one for me and one for my mum. I then got home from work excited to find I couldn't locate my relaxer brush. I was adamant that my hair would still be done regardless so instead used the back of a comb and my fingers to relax my hair. 

I applied both the scalp and hair protector on my scalp and on the length of my hair excluding the regrowth. It has been a while since I self relaxed and I was conscious that when I did, I used to leave the relaxer on for far too long, so after applying relaxer to each section and then smoothing through with my fingers, I'd applied and washed my relaxer out within 20 minutes.

When I rinsed out the relaxer and went on to shampoo and condition my hair, I realised that I had unintentionally texlaxed my hair yet again. Texlaxed is when the relaxer isn't left on for long enough or is not smoothed through the regrowth to help straighten the new growth, leading to under-processed hair.

By time I applied my leave ins and blow-dried my hair, the new growth was lovely and soft but not bone straight, instead just a looser curl to the new growth. I was annoyed at myself for rushing the process but my birthday was coming up in two weeks so I wanted softer straight hair.

I can't really comment on the New ORS HaiRepair Relaxer as I unintentionally texlaxed this time, but I will definitely give this relaxer another try. I haven't seen it in the hair shops here in Reading, UK as yet but I have found a website called www.hairgrade.com which is a UK site who seem to just solely sell ORS products and they sell this relaxer on there, so I will be ordering a box or two.

I went away for a last minute holiday with my family the week after relaxing my hair, we went to Majorca for a week and it was 42 degrees nearly every day. I have never sweat so much in my life and this meant my hair was sweating out as well so I was co-washing every other day. I ended up just doing twist outs as straight hair just wasn't working in that heat.


Majorca 2013 Me & My Little Man




You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.