My Hair Regime - Updated 01.06.13

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Updated 1st June 2013

Being a busy mum and running both a Jewellery & Web Design business, my aim is to keep my hair regimen as simple as possible.


My hair regime entails a moisture and protein balance.


My wash days are  were Sundays and Wednesdays. I now wash my hair over the weekend so either Friday, Saturday or Sunday. I have definitely learned to relax a bit more with regards to my wash days.


As of Monday 18th February 2013, I decided to wash my hair once a week unless I feel like my hair needs a wash sooner, in which case I will wash during the week.


Sundays  Week One:



  • Pre-poo with a light protein for 25-30 mins with a heated cap, then rinse.
  • Shampoo
  • Deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner for 25-30 mins with heat or heat cap, then rinse.
  • T-shirt dry for 30 mins.
  • Apply Leave in conditioner.
  • Separate hair into four sections and detangle hair from ends to roots.
  • Air-dry with scarf method
  • Moisturize and Seal 
  • Apply Castor Oil to my scalp in sections.


Wednesdays Week Two:

  • Pre-poo on dry hair with a moisturizing treatment for 25 - 30 mins.
  • Co-wash with a moisturizing conditioner.
  • T-shirt dry for 30 mins.
  • Apply leave in conditioners
  • Separate hair into four sections and detangle from ends to roots.
  • Air-dry with scarf method.
  • Moisturize and seal 
  • Apply Castor Oil to scalp in sections.

Daily Hair Care:

  • Moisturize in four sections and seal hair in four sections.
  • Keep hair in a bun or other protective styles

Other:

  • Relax hair every 10-12 weeks
  • Dust / trim when needed (approx every 4-6 months)
  • Only baggy when ends are dry
  • Light protein treatment once a week fortnight
  • Clarify Hair 1 - 2 times a month 
  • Black Tea rinse fortnightly (when needed)
  • Wear protective styles 99% of the time (buns)

Products

Shampoo:

Creme of Nature Argan Oil Shampoo

Clarifying Shampoo:

ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo - 1 - 2 times a month

Protein Treatment / Conditioner:

ORS Hair Mayonnaise - once a month
ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner - once a fortnight

Moisturizing Conditioners:



  • Creme of Nature Nourishing and strengthening Treatment
  • Keracare Humecto
  • Elasta QP DPR 11+
  • ORS Olive Oil Hair Masque - light protein but more moisturizing

Leave-In Conditioner:

  • S-Curl No Drip Activator & Moisturizer
  • Cantu Shea Butter (contains protein)
  • Creme of Nature Argan Oil Leave-In (contains protein)
  • Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Leave In Conditioner - New

Moisturizer:

  • Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer
  • S-Curl No Drip Activitor & Moisturizer
  • ORS HairRepair Intense Moisture Creme - New

Sealant:

  • Avocado Oil
  • Coconut Oil - Have since discovered my hair is not a fan of this, it made my hair dry.
  • Grapeseed Oil

Scalp Oil:


  • Pure Castor Oil
  • JBCO
  • ORS HairRepair Vital Oils - New

Pre-poo & Deep Conditioner Additions:

  • EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Avocado Oil
  • Pure Coconut Oil
  • Grapeseed Oil 
  • Almond Oil
  • African Royale Hot 6 Oil 

Co-wash Moisturizing Conditioner:

  • Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner
  • Herbal Essence Anti-Breakage Conditioner
  • Tresemme Moisture Rich Conditioner

Heat Protector:

ORS Olive Oil Heat Protection Serum

Relaxer Prep:

Base my scalp with Castor Oil or JBCO as well as my hair and ends (except for actual regrowth)

Relaxer:


  • ORS Olive Oil Relaxer - Normal Strength (20-25mins)
  • ORS Kids Olive Oil Relaxer - Normal


A few tips...



  • Try to keep hair manipulation by combs and brushes to a minimum. I used to wrap my hair every night with a paddle brush, I stopped using brushes in October 2012. I use a wide teeth no seam detangling comb to detangle on wash days and to style my hair when necessary. Other than that I try to finger comb my hair where possible.
  • Always remember to detangle your hair starting from the ends of the hair and working your way up to the roots.
  • A satin scarf or satin pillowcase is a must to help you on your hair journey. Without a stain scarf or pillowcase, your hair is then left to rub on cotton pillow cases all night, leading to dry hair, unnecessary rubbing and breakage.
  • Keep the use of heat to a minimum, if you don't have time to air-dry every week then try using the cool setting on your hair dryer occasionally.
I haven't used any heat on my hair since July 2012 and my hair has proven thankful for that as my ends stay healthier for longer and the general condition of my hair has visibly improved.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.